W88 is operated by BXO Holdings Ltd. (the “Company”). The Company is registered in the United Kingdom for the purpose of operating online casino games.
The Company (collectively “we”, “our” or “us”) is providing the users (“you”) with the below information to outline our practices with respect to collecting, using and disclosing your information through your use of our website, mobile applications and gaming services (collectively the “Service”).
The Company acts as data controller of the personal data that is collected from you, or that you provide to us, through your use of the Service.
Personal Data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Data”). When you use our Service you will be asked to provide Personal Data to us. This is information you provide to us by filling in our forms or by corresponding with us by phone, email, chat or otherwise, such as: name, username, phone number, email address, home address, date of birth, gender, occupation, payment means (e.g. credit card number) and other financial information that we may need to provide our Service. We may collect transaction data including details about deposits, withdrawals and wagering and information on your activity on the Service including how you use our products and services, bonuses and promotions claimed, responsible gaming and AML classification. We may also collect Personal Data from your device (e.g. geolocation data, IP address).
In fulfilment of our legal obligations, we must also collect Special Categories of Personal Data about you including details about any political or government positions you hold, criminal convictions and offences and details of any problem gambling behaviour.
If we combine individually identifiable information with non-personal information, the combined information will be treated as Personal Data for as long as it remains combined.
Uses made of the information (Purpose)
The information we collect, which may include your Personal Data, is used for the following purposes:
- to set up your account and to provide our Service (e.g. to process your payments, to carry out fraud management checks etc);
- to identify and authenticate your access to certain features of the Service;
- to market our websites and products or those of our business partners and affiliates and to serve you with advertisements when you use our Service;
- to communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates;
- to support and troubleshoot our Service and to answer any query or complaint;
- to perform research or to conduct anonymous analytics in order to improve and customise our Service to your needs and interests;
- to investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
With whom we share the information we collect (“Recipients”)
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
- group companies of the Company in fulfilment of the respective group’s legal obligations and legitimate business interests;
- AliQuantum Limited UK, company number 08280655. The Company utilises the gaming platform and technical services of AliQuantum Limited UK to operate the Service;
- selected third parties, under a data processing agreement with us that ensures the safeguard of your Personal Data, including:
- any replacement gaming platform provider that Company may utilise to operate the Service.
- game suppliers who deliver gaming products to our Service who require such data in order to allow you to participate in a game.
- Unless you have unsubscribed, advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you, including promotional emails and SMS, direct mail and at times to make calls to you.
- analytics, technical diagnostics and research partners that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Service.
- suppliers of age and identity verification tools and other suppliers that can verify your know you client information.
- our banks and payment service providers in order to be able to process payments and your deposits.
- auditors, advisors and consultants of the Company’s business processes.
- any person, company, NGO, governmental body, regulatory authority that maintains a register of problem gamblers (or for any other responsible gambling purpose) or register having the objective of preventing crime, money laundering or terrorist financing.
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of assets, in which case, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Service of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Data.
- if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to comply with any legal process or government request, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our rights, property or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your Personal Data
Primarily, the Personal Data we collect from you will be stored on servers in the EU/EEA, however the Personal Data we collect from you will be transferred to third party Recipients as above mentioned and such Personal Data will therefore be stored by them. Some of such third party Recipients may have their staff or servers located outside the EU/EEA. This may include staff engaged in the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of the EU/EEA. We ensure that our contractual relationship with such third party Recipients contains adequate safeguards in respect of your Personal Data.
For how long we retain the Personal Data we collect
By law we have to keep basic information about you including contact details, identity information, KYC, financial data and transaction data for 5 years after you close an account with us, or any longer time period by the law of any jurisdiction. You can ask us to erase your Personal Data by closing your account. In that case, we will immediately delete all information aside from that which we are required to maintain to fulfil our legal obligations as indicated above. You can also request that we update or correct any errors to your Personal Data by emailing us as [email protected]
Marketing and Cookies
We may use your Personal Data, such as your name, email address and telephone number ourselves or by using our third party Recipients for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials concerning our Service. We may also share and disclose your Personal Data with our marketing affiliates for the purpose of providing you different marketing offers we or our marketing affiliates believe are relevant to you. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us at any time, you may choose to update the way you hear from us by tweaking the preferences and options in the marketing settings found in the ‘My Account’ area on our website or mobile application.